an abridged list of things that jkr should actually regret about the hp series, feel free to add ur own
- albus severus potter’s name
- no queer representation / outing dumbledore after the series was over and expecting that to be enough
- attempting to make snape a sympathetic character and erasing the awful things he did in the name of ‘true love’
- ginny and mrs weasley sex-shaming fleur
- remus and tonks’ relationship and not acknowledging the questionable/gross way that they got together
- villainizing all slytherins
- letting s.p.e.w. and hermione’s white savior complex go unexamined
- using white people or magical creatures as metaphors for racism and other real world issues in general
- lyncanthropy being an allegory for hiv/aids / erasing the queer history associated w/ hiv/aids
- enforcing the belief that the only way to have a happy ending in life is to be straight, married, and have 2.5 kids
- the entire epilogue
- umbridge being raped by centaurs as “punishment” and making that into a joke and making hermione sign off on that
- whitewashing lavender brown in the movies and doing nothing to protest that or speak out about that
- lack of PoC representation
- making the only gay character (dumbledore) have a tragic same-gender relationship so awful it caused him to be in the closet and celibate the rest of his life
- making love a powerful/good force except when said gay character falls in love with another man
- normalizing and never addressing the rampant bullying in hogwarts and physical and emotional abuse some faculty inflict on students
I prefer the title for the VS campaign.
funny how there’s NO skinny girls in the “real beauty campaign” considering beauty isn’t limited to a certain size hahaha
Exactly why I don’t support it. Or girls that weight even just a bit more. They all weigh THE SAME.
I hate whenever the Dove Real Beauty commercials come on. Skinny women are just as “real” as thick women. Get outta here.
Also, notice how all the women in the Dove campaign have perfect hair, skin, and teeth? Because that’s totally realistic lol. I would forgive that if the title of the actual campaign wasn’t “Real Beauty”.
friendly reminder that even people who have been Fenris’s friends for years will give you frowny faces and be angry but still let you hand over Fenris to Danarius without a fight and just move on afterwards with a few rivalry points. ✿◕‿◕✿
If you wear a hijab, niqab or even burqa, don’t expect me to take you seriously if you tell me how free and liberated you are.
chokes on laughing
Kiddo we are just as liberated as a girl is going out in the sun wearing a sun hat.
Except you know, we don’t get the oppressively leering looks of guys checking us out.
Sigh, what an opportunity we’ve lost.
|—||Surah Al Mulk [67:13] (via nargessi)|
The Avengers script [x]
“Have you ever noticed how in Hollywood movies, all the villains are played by Brits?" [x]
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.